Hollow Metal Doors: Hollow metal doors are hollow core centered with a honeycomb fire proof material.
Steel Stiffened Doors (Ribbed): Steel stiffened doors are steel doors cored with steel stiffened ribs for maximum security.
Kalamein Doors: Kalamein doors are 26 gauge steel doors cored with a wooden skeleton.
Recessed Panel Doors : Recessed panel doors are kalamein doors with a built in recessed panel fitted with a metal cove moulding and cored with a steel recessed panel.
Welded Frames: typically used for either building into the frame or cementing into place., It is at the installer’s discretion.
Knockdown frames: typically used when the wall is already prebuilt and/or made out of wood/metal studs and sheetrock. Can be either made to wrap/cap the existing wall depth, or the frame can sit flushed (evenly) with the wall depth. It is at the installer’s discretion.
Angled or Z-Bar frame: used when the existing metal frame cannot be removed and is uneven in width; these frames will sit in between the existing steel frame and the new door. It is at the installer’s discretion.
- All our fire rated doors are 1 3⁄4” thick.
- The top and bottom on hollow metal and steel stiffened (ribbed) are sealed with 16 gauge steel channels (welded in place).
- All doors are made full flush with the option for seamless edges (inquire cost).
- UFD does not paint the doors. UFD offers option to prime (grey only) (inquire cost). Final painting should be done by others.
- Steel hinge reinforcements are welded inside the door edge and are drilled and tapped for fasteners in accordance with ANSI A156.7.
- The lock edge has a standard bevel and special reinforcement is applied if required by specific type of lockset.
- Core Thermal Characteristics: U Factor = 0.41 and R-Value = 2.44
- Physical Endurance/Level: Meets ANSI A250.4 Performance Test, 20gauge; Level B (500,000 cylcles) 18 & 16 gauge; Level A (1,000,000 cylces).
- STANDARD SIZES & SWING CHART